Tuesday, February 5, 2013

it's a boy!!!

yes, we had another boy and he's perfect! he was born jan. 27th. it was a vaginal and unmedicated birth. at 38 wk 3 day i started to feel a lot of contractions, but nothing too strong or too close to go into labor and delivery. at my 39 wk appt. my midwife didn't want to check me after telling her about my pains. she told me that they stopped checking the cervic for dialation some time ago. it's to prevent infections and stuff. so, i left with the thought in my head if i was or not. well my pains continued for thoughout the week. on jan. 26th around 6 pm i went to the bathroom and noticed that i was losing my mucus plug. i told the hubs and he freaked out lol. i had made reservation for dinner at 7 and i was not going to miss out since i knew it was going to be a long time before we will get to go out again. about an hour later my contractions started up about 10-15 mins apart and began to get stronger. the whole time the hubs was worried and just didnt' want to be so far away from the hospital. i have to admit, it was quite funny to see him that way lol. after getting home i got some last minute things done and gave luch a bath. contractions were still 10-15 minutes apart and not any stronger than earlier that day. i went to bed and around 11:45 p.m. i was woken up with the sharpest pain ever! i knew then that it was time and my contractions were going to come on stronger and much more closer in minutes. i was really determine to wait it out as long as i can to avoid being sent home like they did with luch. i was also determine to go in focused and more prepared than i did with luch. i read up on a lot of birthing technics and i saw a lot of videos too. i wanted to be in control this time and go for an unmedicated birth. around 1 a.m. contractions were now 7-10 minutes apart and with each contraction i did my breathing and i was taking each one in while i was leaned over a chair or table. i even got on all 4's while in bed to alleviate some of the pain. around 2ish a.m. i got in the shower to take a long hot one. by then my contractions were about 5 minutes apart and getting a bit more stronger. i was timing my contractions on my phone this whole time even while in the shower. the shower helped sooooo much and it made me relax even more. maybe about a little more than an 1/2 hours my contractions were now 3 minutes apart and i rushed out to get ready. woke up the hubs and told him it was time and he just panicked! i was putting on lotion and he was softly yelling at me to hurry up. by then my contractions were much more painful. i saw on the internet somewhere that crotching all the way down while your arms are on a chair or bed helps during a contractions. so, that's what i started to do with every one of my pains. after having an emotional good bye with luch we left to the hospital around 3:30-3:45 a.m. we got to the hospital and to my surprise i was 5 cm dialated. i was so happy to hear that. i did my own thing to help me focus and try to go all the way without surrendering to the epidural. i think my choice to do this freaked out the hubs tremdendously because he kept asking me if i was sure about my decision. i did everything different with this birth than with luch's. i remember being in so much pain and at the last minute i surrendered and 20 minutes later i was complete. i had no control and i really wanted to be with this one. around 5 a.m. they checked me again and the nurse yelled out that i was complete and called in the doctors. after getting all set up and everything the doc checked me again and said i was not and i was only 8 cm. i was a bit discourage, but still didn't let go of my focus. one of the other docs told me that it's going to take a couple of hours and asked me if i wanted the epi. i told her no and requested to have my bladder emptied. i remember with luch that once they did this shortly after i was fully dialated. i have also read this as well. by emptying the bladder this will help bring down the baby even quicker. i also did a lot of peeing while i was home too lol. by this time the hubs kept telling me to take the epi and i have to say it frustrated me. i told him to give time and to wait and help me through this. at about 5:15 a.m i told the nurse that i had to push and i couldn't hold it. she checked me once again and yup i was complete...yay!! at this point i couldn't hold it and i started pushing before the doctors came back in. after about 4 pushes my sweet baby boy was born!

angelo r was born at 5:21 a.m. and he weighed 7 lbs 1.6 oz and 19 inches long. ahhh..love at first sight for both of us.

here's my last bump shot at 39wks 6 days. 













he's doing so well and breastfeeding super well. i'm enjoying every minute of it. i leave you with these pictures of my sweet baby boy.

this was taken a couple of hours after he was born.












9 days old. this was taken this morning. yeah, i know he's a cutie pootie :)












1 comment:

Kitty said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! So glad you got the birth you wanted! It gave me good reminders as I get ready to give birth! He's beautiful and I'm so happy for you! So proud of you for standing up for what you wanted!!! YAY! Stay in touch!
Hope you're well!
:) Kitty